Every Voice Counts
Every Voice Counts: Teacher Development and Rural Education in the Age of AIDS
National Research Foundation
PI: Naydene De Lange. Parters: Deevia Bhana, Claudia Mitchell, Relebohile Moletsane, Robert Balfour, Volker Wedekind, Thabisile Buthelezi, Daisy Pillay.
A broad goal of drawing together several research areas, which ‘converge’ on teacher development in rural education in the age of AIDS:
(1) Reflexive methodologies in studying teachers’ lives.
(2) School leadership and management.
(3) Participation of young people in addressing HIV and AIDS.
(4) Teachers and communities tackling gender violence in and around the schools.
(5) Partnerships and pedagogies in preparing new teachers for new times.